Thursday, August 9, 2012

Calling all recipe requests!

OK I got a response to my email last night and Kristi Rich requested my recipe for Spinach Salad. I will eventually make a recipe page but for now I will post all recipes right here! Any other requests for recipes? Any recipes you want to share? Come on, don't be shy...bring it on!!

This recipe is actually a mixture of spinach salads I have tried over the years. So don't be afraid to tweek it and make it your own. 

Mandarin Poppyseed Spinach Salad

1 bag of Spring Mix
2 bags baby spinach leaves
1  can of mandarin oranges, drained
1 diced red onion
1/2 lb grated monterey jack cheese
Sugared Almonds (see below)
Dressing (see below)

Mix all together right before serving as it gets soggy quickly

Sugared Almonds
1/2 pkg sliced almonds
1/4 c white sugar
Add sugar to a dry frying pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar melts and browns slightly. Add almonds and quickly toss until fairly well coated. Pour onto foil and allow to cool then break apart.
Please keep in mind that this scorches very easily and you must watch constantly. Once the sugar starts to melt the whole process goes super fast so keep on your toes :)

Poppyseed Dressing
1/4 cup oil--  I use vegetable
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash pepper
1 T poppyseeds


The end! Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment