Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reason to do the Happy Dance!!


So 9 times out of ten I leave Emma's diabetes appointments fighting tears, sometimes i cry the whole way home and sometimes i cry all day. It just builds and builds you know. I usually receive bad numbers on an important blood test that clues us in on how bad her diabetes is and her doctor scares the crap out of me when he does the math on how long we have now until the scary/ life threatening complications set in. Pretty depressing to go through that every 1-2 months when I spend 24/7 fighting this nasty disease and trying so hard to get her sugar in control. But this time we had our breath of fresh air and got not only good news but great news. Numbers came way down and it took great power to not bust into the happy dance right there in the office. I didn't do anything diff so I got more proof it's just the disease and not me! Me and em, we jammed the whole way home. Best day ever.......

Lisa Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment